I think it is important to always have a few go-to recipes that are quick and easy but also impressive. I always find that presentation is a key to getting the “wow” from guests then they taste the pudding. When their eyes roll back in their head and the sound of pure pleasure escapes from their puckered lips, you know that you have made it!
This passion fruit parfait is one of my favorite fruit desserts because it does just that. It is so reliable, so easy and also so flexible. The passion fruit can easily be replaced with other fruits such as orange or lemon but the reaction is always the same. The addition of the cookie crumbs either on the side or in the parfait, as a base, is also a win.
If you are looking for the perfect end to a meal, with positive responses like “Oh, we love these cute little cups” or “this is so smooth with just the perfect little bite of tangy sweet” then try this recipe and let me know how it goes.
This is a quick and easy dessert that can be made with Passion Fruit or any other citrus fruit that is lying around in the kitchen.
- 8-10 passion fruits (1/2 cup of juice)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 chocolate chip cookies reduced into crumbs.
- Cut tops off of passion fruit and use a spoon to scoop out the pulp and seeds
- into a bowl. Keep the shells for use in serving the dessert.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and separate the seeds from the juice.
- Add orange juice to the passion fruit juice and put aside the seeds for later use.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, and sugar and beat with a mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add juice mixture and continue until a stiff consistency is achieved (30 seconds)
- At this point, the mixture can be refrigerated or served.
- Pour prepared mixture into individual passion fruit shell halves.
- Sprinkle reserved seeds and cookie crumbs on the individual parfaits as well as using some of the crumbs as a support to the shells
- Serve 2-3 shells per person with cookie crumbs, seeds and a small mint leave decoration.
- This dessert can also be prepared in a large bowl with a topping of crumbs and seeds with some mint sprigs.