Finding the last of some roasted mushrooms or any vegetable for that matter in the back of the fridge drives me crazy. I always have to come up with something to do with these last bits of roasted goodness.
Since mushrooms are not my husband’s favorite vegetable, a creamy risotto is not the solution but a cheese canapé with a few meaty mushrooms is a great compromise. And, if we do not finish them, I can pop them in the freezer for a quick little appetizers with a glass of bubbly when guest drop by unexpectedly.
I also added some chorizo to these tartlets as I found half a this spicy sausage in my meat drawer. What I love about this recipe is that you can play with the flavour ingredients to create your very own personalized tartlets.
A great clean out the fridge of any roasted vegetables that might be hanging around. I often change the flavours by adding different fresh herbs and cheeses.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup roasted mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped chorizo
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lightly grease mini muffin cups
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl.
- Then mix in cheeses and milk.
- Finally, mix in mushrooms, chorizo and thyme
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed