I have asked Charlotte, my daughter, to add any recipe she might want to share with me on this blog so here is her first of many to come on how to use up extra lobster meat. If only I was so lucky to be in her predicament after I graduated from University… extra lobster meat!?!
Being almost 6 months out of college, my roommate and I now consider ourselves mature adults. Of course, swapping keg parties for dinner parties was a much easier transition in theory than in practice for us.
While some assumed our shared lack of experience in the kitchen was our largest hurtle, I am one to believe that the fact that our washer and dryer flank our oven was more of an issue. Putting off our daunting kitchen was not going to work forever though. So, when an excess amount of lobster meat came to be in my possession we decided to be creative and do something exciting with it.
I got out all the ingredients to get started…
Mixing…et voila a wonderful appetizer.
- 1 can frozen lobster meat (we opted for fresh cooked meat from the Red Hook DC Lobster truck)
- 8oz.(250gm) cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 large can of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- prepping the artichokes
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (180C)
- In medium mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients and place mixture into a glass pie plate.
- Bake uncovered, for 15-18 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned.
- Serve with crackers, bagel chips, pita chips, etc.
So simple and yet so impressive at the same time!