This week, I decided to throw myself into reinventing a fish kebab recipe that I saved from taste.au. I decided to doctor up the original recipe by keeping the yellowtail filets full and using the marinade as a sauce in which I cooked the fish. The finished product was tasty and light with little mess or fish smell to contend with at the end! A true winner in my books.
Rather than serving it with couscous, I created my own bulgur wheat recipe that incorporated an aray of fresh vegetables from the garden including peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and lots of parsley and mint. The combination of these two dishes was a pleasure to my palate.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3C Italian parsley, chopped
- 2C coriander leaves
- 1tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3C olive oil
- 550gm fish filets
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Place filets in a oven-proof dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour paste over fish and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C(375F).
- Place fish in oven and cook until opaque, (20mins).
- Serve warm over bulgar wheat.